Wednesday, April 21, 2010

TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier

For some of you that know me, I have naturally curly hair. If the hair has no product in it, well then it looks like I have come out of the 80's. Now, don't get me wrong, I like the 80's era, however the frizzy hair is not really in "style" anymore. In class, we were to pick a product that we use frequently and go to the Environmental Working Group online and check the toxicity of our particular product. I chose the TIGI Catwalk Curls Rock Amplifier, because I tend to use this product more often than not. I was a little worried about this product being high in toxicity because of the smell and the texture of it. Well, come to find out, it ranks a 5 out of 10 which means that it is moderately hazardous. This was much better than what I was originally afraid of.
There were two ingredients that were the most toxic which was the fragrance and the Methylchloroisothianzolinone. Some researchers say that this ingredient causes cancer, and some say that they have no evidence that it does in fact cause cancer. This ingredient/chemical can burn skin when it is in its pure form, and since it is not in pure form and there is minimal amounts of it in the product, I am not too worried about it burning my skin.
I am going to continue to use the product, because it gives me the results I want. It has been very hard to find a product that actually works and will continue to give me results. I think that if it were higher on the hazardous scale, I would chose a different product that is safer. Until then, I am going to continue to use this product, however I will continue to use it in very small amounts.

No comments:

Post a Comment