Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Final Wrap-Up


Well, I am proud to say that after taking the Sustainability course, I have been able to reduce my ecological footprint from 4.1 planet Earths down to 3.3 plantet Earths. What helped me in this decrease in consumption is the type of foods I have been eating. Less meat and more fruits and vegtables. I still drive, due to work, but I have tried to minimize the amount of distances I drive. I live right around the corner from the grocery store and I have found myself walking more. Another important aspect to reducing my footprint is the amount of energy that my house has used. We have been able to reduce our energy bills and regulate the use of laundry and the use of appliances. I have found that I unplug all of my appliances when they are not in use, and rarely leave my computer on during the day and night when it is not in use. I am proud of this adjustment and reduction!!

1 comment:

  1. Great, Carly, that is a significant reduction! Good luck with continuing your (our) efforts...

    ReplyDelete